Views:3 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-09 Origin:Site
Bearing is a kind of precision machined parts which will be used in industry. It plays a very important role in industry. In a car, there are bearings where there is rotation, and there are dozens of car bearings in the engine gearbox. This paper mainly introduces the hub bearing in automobile.
What is Hub Bearing
Hub bearing is a key component of the vehicle and is a part that connects the tire/brake disc to the steering knuckle. Its main function is to carry weight and provide precise guidance for the rotation of the wheel hub.
Development History of Hub Bearings
Hub bearings are developed on the basis of the other two types of bearings, tapered roller bearings and standard angular contact ball bearings. Hub bearing has the advantages of light weight, large load capacity, good assembly performance and compact structure, which also determines that it will be widely used in automotive parts.
Daily Maintenance of Hub Bearings
Hub bearings carry the heavy burden of driving and reduce the friction when the chassis is running. Daily maintenance is absolutely essential, once the hub bearing fails, it will cause various phenomena such as noise, bearing heating, etc. The following describes the specific steps for maintaining hub bearings.
1. Remove the trim cover and dust shield from the hub axle head.
2. Remove the tire but do not touch the threads of the tire bolts. If the vehicle is fitted with a disc brake, remove the brake and remove the lock ring or pin with the tool.
3. Use the special tool to remove the hub bearing.
4. Clean the lubricating grease on the car bearing, then clean the hub bearing with detergent, then dry it with a rag, and finally clean the bearing inner cavity with a cloth.
5. Check the hub bearing and bearing race. If any crack is found on the bearing, the bearing shell is peeling off or the bearing roller is loose, replace the bearing immediately.
6. Check the fit of car bearing inner diameter and journal, and the fit clearance shall not be greater than 0.10 mm. When measuring the journal, it should be measured at the upper and lower parts of the vertical ground. If the fit clearance exceeds the specified service limit, the shaft bearing shall be replaced to restore the normal fit clearance.
7. After all parts meet the requirements, the inner shaft coated with grease can be put into the hub.
8. When applying grease, pay attention to the amount of grease. Do not apply too much grease on the bearing.
9. Refit the hub and outer shaft onto the shaft diameter, install the shaft head adjusting nut by hand, and then tighten the adjusting nut with the shaft head wrench according to the specified torque. After tightening the nut, turn the hub left and right for several turns to check the installation of the shaft bearing. On the other hand, the bearing and the race can be correctly matched by rotation.
10. Finally, install the locking plate, fixing nut, tire, dust cover, decorative cover and other parts in turn.
11. After the hub bearing is installed, you can drive the vehicle for a distance and check the condition of the hub. Touch the hub by hand, if the hub is hot, it means that the car bearing is installed too tightly, and the bearing tightness should be properly reduced.